An engaging website attracts visitors meaningfully and persuades them to stay. Engaging websites encourage visitors to take purposeful action. They give visitors the satisfaction of having a positive website experience.
Why is Website Engagement Important?
An engaging website empowers your business in multiple ways:
- Improves visitor stay time on your websites, which ensures that your brand message reaches your target audience
- Encourages visitors to contribute, in the form of feedback, content sharing, subscriptions, or in other meaningful ways. Such interactions make visitors feel valued and increase their positive website experience quotient
- Compels your target audience to revisit your website willingly, which increases the chances of word-of-mouth referrals
- Increases brand credibility and awareness
- Encourages user feedback, which helps improve your website experience further
- Sets your website apart from that of competitors
Website engagement is important for every business. Here are some ways you can increase the engagement quotient of your website this year:
Start with Fresh Content
Fresh content is always relevant and impactful. It increases visitor interest in your website. Fresh content shows search engines that your website sees regular action. Search engines get drawn to such websites, which increases your website’s visibility.
You can include fresh content in multiple ways:
- Feature your recent and best projects on your homepage
- Include review apps on your product/ service pages to encourage customer reviews. New customer reviews keep your webpages current
- Add new up-to-date information to already existing content. For example, you can update your About Us page with a new team member information or a company update. You can keep service pages up-to-date with regular inclusions about service updates
- Monitor common customer reviews and include them in your product descriptions to make them fresh and up-to-date
Keep Improving Website Navigation
Ease of moving around your website and ease of finding information are crucial aspects that determine visitor experience on your website.
Reduce movement for visitors on your website for a great experience. Let them complete their task, be it a product purchase or gathering brand information, as soon as possible.
Improve navigation by:
- Giving clear up-to-date information
- Creating an FAQ section to deal with common queries
- Making checkout process simple
- Designing your website to be compatible with mobile devices as well
- Minimizing customer information-gathering process. A long-form that asks for unnecessary details can frustrate visitors and make them leave your website
Increase the Speed of your Website
Visitors have very short attention spans. If your web pages do not load within 3 seconds, then visitors will leave your website. Increase the loading speed of your website to make loading faster for visitors.
Faster web pages also need design optimization. One way to increase website loading speed is by compressing large images. This way, images load along with content. Check your website speed consistently to ensure that it is optimal for visitors.
Keep your SEO Strategies in Motion
You may already have optimized your website for search engines. It is crucial to have a sound SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy. Expert SEO techniques increase your website’s visibility on search engines.
If you are just starting with SEO, then ensure that you choose relevant yet less competitive keywords for optimal results. You can optimize each webpage for 1 or 2 keywords in the beginning. If you have product pages, then ensure that they are optimized as well.
Complement keyword inclusion with high-impact SEO techniques such as blogging. As you continue blogging for a couple of months, you can move to high-volume keywords. You can prevent costly errors that arise out of haste for faster website visibility results. This approach lays a solid foundation for your SEO strategy.
79% of customers move to a competitor within a span of a week if businesses fail to provide satisfactory customer service
Provide Live Chat Options
Customer support should be a significant part of your website engagement strategy. Visitors coming to your website must be able to reach an expert service team that can guide them on the next possible action.
Research shows that 79% of customers move to a competitor within a span of a week if businesses fail to provide satisfactory customer service.
Provide live chat on your website for better engagement. This communication approach uses artificial intelligence to address your visitors’ inquiries and grievances. It is available 24/7. You can monitor live chat to identify recurring issues and address them effectively.
Show your customers you care about them by giving instant assistance through options like live chat.
Leverage Popup Opt-Ins
A popup opt-in pops up after a visitor spends some time on your website or scrolls to a pre-defined spot on the webpage. With a well-placed popup, you can persuade visitors to share their information or subscribe to your email list.
You can also make use of Exit Intent Popups, which help you obtain information from visitors that want to leave your website. This popup gets activated as soon as a visitor is ready to exit the website.
Popup opt-ins are one of the best ways to capture the interest of, and engage, visitors that are new to your website. These options can make your visitors curious about your brand and get them to interact with you.
Include Social Proof for Credibility
People visiting your website want to be assured about the trustworthiness of your brand. A positive way to trust-building is showing proof that you are credible. When visitors see that other people trust you, they are more likely to trust you too.
A great way to facilitate social proof gathering is to include social share buttons. Use these buttons for product pages, blog posts, images, articles, and other website content. By doing so, you make it easy for visitors to share your content, which adds to your social credibility.
Other ways to include social proof include:
- Brand logo
- A well-developed About Us page (Use storytelling to introduce your company and team for greater impact)
- Customer feedback, reviews, and testimonials
- Endorsement by well-known personalities
- Press feeds with your brand mentions
- Content generated by users
- Live feeds mentioning your company, brand, employees, events, etc.,
Incorporate Video Content
Videos are great to engage visitors because they are more interesting than plain text. Engagement through videos is faster than that with text and still images. Videos also make content such as complex product descriptions easy to understand and guide visitors toward better decision-making.
Including videos on your homepage is a great way to capture visitor interest the instant they land on your website. For better impact, use videos that relate to your target audience. By getting visitors hooked instantly, you raise the chances of having them engaged for a longer duration on your website.
You can improve your website engagement by making your website more about your customers. Leverage aspects of your brand as well as available technology to give the best website experience to your visitors.